The Benton County Genealogy Society is located in the Museum Annex on the Philomath Campus of the Benton County Historical Society. This building was built in 1949 as a church parsonage, and is located adjacent to both the museum and the collections care facility. The Campus
is located six miles from Corvallis.
The Genealogical Society was established in 1971 as the Mid-Valley Genealogical Society. The name was changed to the Benton County Genealogical Society in 1996. It's purposes are:
To encourage the study of family history through mutual support and the exhange of information;
To assist in the preservation and publication of history;
To accumulate resource materials for the Society Library.
Visitors are welcome to attend our monthly meetings! BCGS meetings are held on the second Saturday of each month September through June.